Big Data Developer
Big Data Developer
Big Data Developer
Inter Cars Capital Group is the leading distributor of automotive spare parts in Central and Eastern Europe. Our logistic network spans 18 countries and over 500 distribution points across Europe, supplying hundreds of thousands of garages and shops with spare parts, oils, tires and garage equipment from our portfolio of 2.7 million products. We make our offer available also to the retail customer, though our e-commerce solutions and major digital marketplaces.
Inter Cars IT department, headquartered in Warsaw, Poland takes care of daily operation and development of over a hundred different applications, ranging from ERP, logistics and warehouse management systems to innovative e-commerce solutions and web applications. Hundreds of Inter Cars employees and hundreds of thousands of customers rely on our systems in their everyday work.
Observing the increasing importance of IT in every part of our business, Inter Cars has started a Digital Transformation program aimed at increasing the development pace and modernizing the technological stack of our systems. We plan to improve our capabilities using agile methodologies and leading development practices, such as DevOps and microservice architecture. We are looking for the best people to help us make the next step.
• Become a member of a new team of developers and help us shape the future of our data engineering practice from the very beginning.
• Build an event sourcing platform which will become the main information hub in the company.
• Design and develop data structures, pipelines and ETL processes to help move and transform terabytes of data between the applications.
• Develop a Big Data analytics environment, including data lake and computation infrastructure, storing and analyzing terabytes of key company data.
• Execute Data Governance practices, keeping our data secure, transparent and in good quality.
• Cooperate with vendors and external consultants.
• Apache Kafka, Apache NiFi
• Apache Spark, Apache Hadoop, Apache AirFlow
• Java, Python, SQL
• Git, Jenkins
• At least 2 years of experience in development, deployment and operation of IT systems.
• Knowledge of system integration techniques, such as web services, API and messaging.
• Excellent understanding of relational databases and practical SQL.
• Practical programming skills in Java and/or Python.
• Good understanding of general computer science issues such as computational complexity, algorithms, performance analysis and optimization.
• Practical use of Linux systems.
• Strong communication skills, sense of ownership and drive.
• Independence, pragmatic approach and attention to detail.
• Fluency both in spoken and written English.
• Practical experience with Big Data technologies based on Apache stack, such as Spark, Hadoop or Kafka.
• Good understanding of modern Data Science techniques and tooling.
• Good general knowledge of software and IT infrastructure technologies, including issues such as web applications, databases, system integration, security, server and network infrastructure and cloud solutions.
• Understanding of agile project methodologies, such as Scrum or Kanban.
• Familiarity with version control systems.
• Work on interesting projects in the field of digital transformation at a large European organization.
• Participation in international projects.
• High independence and the opportunity to implement your own ideas.
• Highly motivated and engaged team with strong technical competences.
• Flexible employment arrangements, such as flexible hours and partial remote work.
• Training and personal development opportunities.
The data controller is Inter Cars S.A., ul. Powsińska 64, 02-903 Warszawa, tel. 801 80 20 20, email@example.com. The data controller has appointed a Data Protection Officer available at firstname.lastname@example.org. Provision of your personal data is voluntary and required to participate in the recruitment process. Failure to provide your personal data will prevent you from participating in it. Your personal data shall be stored for the purposes of the recruitment process (legal basis: processing necessary to take action as requested by the persons to whom such data relates, prior to conclusion of a contract). The data shall be stored until the completion of the recruitment process. Each person is entitled to demand access to their personal data, rectify it, remove it, restrict its processing or transfer it. Each person is entitled to object to the processing of their personal data, file a complaint to the supervising authority and withdraw their consent at any time without affecting the legality of the processing performed prior to such withdrawal. Each person is entitled to object to the processing of their personal data based on a legally valid interest of the data controller, as well as object to the processing of their personal data for marketing purposes.